Cusco bus


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
January 2nd 2005
Published: February 16th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Bus: Puno to Cuzco (http://www.perucuzco.com/imexsotours/transport.htm)
Hotel: Libertador Hotel (Cuzco, Peru) $162

We left the hotel at 7 AM for the 6 hr bus ride to Cuzco. The train had been the preferred transportation on this route before the paved road was completed a few years ago. There are several buses that run the route, we took the non-tourist bus that goes straight through without stopping. The VCR broke halfway through Troy. When we arrived in Cuzco, the Sonesta hotel was not available, so we decided to splurge for one night at the Libertador hotel. The location is right across from the Qoricancha, the former Incan temple of the Sun, a few blocks away from the Plaza del Armas. Very nice hotel inside, the beds were very comfortable, and they had the heat cranked up in the rooms. We partook of the sauna to soothe our bodies after the long ride. For dinner, we ate at the Tunupa restaurant on the Plaza del Armas, they had an impressive buffet dinner spread. Some of the best food we'd had since Lima! It started pouring during dinner, I thought it was just a tropical downpour that would be over in a minute. It was still raining the next morning.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.159s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 15; qc: 85; dbt: 0.0884s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb