Cusco, more tourists than locals.


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
November 25th 2004
Published: November 25th 2004
Edit Blog Post

Cusco by nightCusco by nightCusco by night

It really was a beautiful city, this is one of the churches that was on the main square.
The three days we spent in Cusco before our Inca Trail hike were relaxing. It was great to be able to stop and not have to be anywhere or do anything. I was still trying to get over a a case of Travellers Diareha which wasn't subsiding, so I went and saw a doctor to try and get something to clear it up. It took a few visits and tests to get things sorted but by Friday morning everything was feeling much better and just as well. Diarrhoea is not something you want to have while hiking on a trail without too much in the way of ammenities.

We didn't manage to do much sight seeing on any of the three days before the hike. I think we spent most of the time sleeping in the hostel room or eating in some of the cafes that seem to be everywhere.

I think we had every breakfast at a cafe call Jack's, which had the most amazing pancakes, Lundy didn't manage to finish his the first morning there. I could write more about these few days, but they really were not that interesting, compared with the Inca Trail. It was
The FoyerThe FoyerThe Foyer

The shower in our room was the definition of sporadic. They didn't have hot running water, the shower head was the heater. I never was entirely confortable with having live electrical wires above my head and water everywhere.
just good to be able to sleep in for once.


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

Banana Pancakes.Banana Pancakes.
Banana Pancakes.

These pancakes were fantastic, Jack Johnson would have loved 'em.


Tot: 0.086s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 57; dbt: 0.059s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb