cuzco & the sacred valley


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
November 22nd 2007
Published: November 22nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

no tears were shed to leave lima. though miraflores was nice, i was anxious to get to the mountains and finally see the peru i have been thinking of for so long. we scored a cute hostelria off of a back alleyway. beautiful courtyard, soft pillows, yummy breakfast. we leave for the inca trail on the 26th and have decided to call this bonita little nook home until then. the town itself is more than i thought it was going to be. so many churches here, small narrow streets and even skinner sidewalks. i´m discovering when a car honks (which they do constantly) it means you have about 2 seconds giddie-up across the street and they´ll try not to swipe your backside in the mean time. but these cars are like little tonka toys so that limits the intimidation. my spanish is really choppy but words are starting to surface and roll off my tongue. i try to have mini lessons throughout the day, help solve the mystery bouncing around in my head.
i have no pictures to post yet. today is hope all is well in estados unidos. life in peru is pretty dreamy...
love,
stacy

Advertisement



22nd November 2007

oooooooooooooooh
reading your blog gets me all so very excited for my trip! like you are an extension of myself getting to see it all first and let me know what i'm in for...i hope you are having an incredible time and i look forward to reading more. love to you!
22nd November 2007

Happy Pavo day
It was so great to hear from you, we all read your note and email. Thank you for the tales. We could just see the two of you hopping away from cars. Can't wait to hear from you again, love, mom, dad, the 4 C's, grandparents and Marcus
26th November 2007

yee haw
did you see the smiling alpaca (sp?) it's me!

Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0378s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb