Finally Here!


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco
July 16th 2007
Published: July 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well, it certainly was not the longest set of flights we have done, but it was long enough. After leaving Vancouver at 8:20am, we arrived in Cusco at 4:00am the next day (by Vancouver time). Considering the hectic work schedule we had both had in the previous days, we got over the jet leg quickly with a couple naps and then forcing ourselves to stay up as late as we could.

Our hostel, Amaru Hostel 1, is great and we would recommend it to anyone. Free pickup from the Airport and a good breakfast included in the price. They also have a nice patio on which to sit and read in the sun, with views out over the rooftops.

Cusco is wonderful. It is certainly not as quaint as Rowan recalls from his childhood, but then it has been 18 years since he was here. There are the usual hawkers of various wares, and the local pickpockets to watch out for, but compared to our other travels they are really quite mild. The shopkeepers and hawkers are not pushy, just say "No gracias" and they leave you alone, and you can spot the pickpockets a mile away (knock on wood).

So far we have just wondered around the city and eat constantly and Rowan has made it a quest to find the best Chocolate Calliente in the city.

We will give a better description of the city and Plaza de Armas once we get our cameras hooked up to a computer to download some photos.

Today we are planning a walking tour of the churches and museums.

Until Later,
Rowan and Lauren



Advertisement



Tot: 0.032s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0176s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1004.1kb