Day in Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
May 9th 2014
Published: June 10th 2014
Edit Blog Post

I just want to relax. Phil took a city tour thru Lllamapath. I ended up walking the town and did catch one of the open topped City tour buses. Cusco is really very walkable. They don't allow pictures in the church, but snagged one off internet, The Last Supper painting displayed showed a Guinea Pig as the main course. Saqsaywaman is a Inca ruin just outside of town. Tour guide was frustrated with Americans calling it "sexy women." Also went up on the hilltop to visit the "white Christ" statue that overlooks the city and serves for wayfinding around Cusco.

I walked to the City Market to check our the various products offered. I have really enjoyed the different fruit, and enjoy the refreshing taste of the Pricky Pear Cactus. Picked up some nuts, coffee and a doll for Elena.

There was a great deal of construction going on the main streets. Interesting everything seemed to be done with hand tools. The provincial flag for the Cusco region in a multi-colored flag representing the rainbow, symbol for fertility. People here don't care for Americans asking about the gay pride flag.

Phil and I hooked up for dinner. Sounded like his city tour was very interesting, but tried to squeeze too much information into the time frame. Feelin' like I can handle a beer with the trout soup, which was absolutely delicious.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 9; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0219s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb