Day 64 - Chill Out in Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
May 25th 2010
Published: June 23rd 2010
Edit Blog Post

"Gordo" breakfast "Gordo" breakfast "Gordo" breakfast

We caved in to Jack's cafe!
After a much needed but short lie in at Prisma Hotel, we moved our stuff back to Qorichaska hostel and reunited with Taryn. Needing a day to recover, restaurant hopping was on the cards again. We headed off to the infamous Jack's cafe, where Soph and I ordered a fry up called "Gordo" (fat!) and it was amazing! Heaped comfort food just what we needed to kick start us.

Sophie was feeling a bit tired and dazed so couldn't manage lunch with me at Inka Grill 3 hours later, but found space for an iced cappuccino with Bailey's whilst we chatted to Matt, Claire, Alice and Emma from the Inca Trail who had met us there. After an afternoon nap we headed back to Cross Key's English pub for a final meal and drinks with the same group from lunch. We didn't stay out late, still tired from the Inca Trail - don't know how the porters do it!

How Sophie Sees It

Breakfast was amazing, but I felt pretty jaded the whole day and was gutted to not be able to eat at the poshest restaurant we had stepped foot in (Inka Grill). It was great to catch up with some of the guys from our group again though, and I managed to feel well enough for a celebratory cider in the evening!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Cider RewardCider Reward
Cider Reward

Dinner with Matt and Claire


Tot: 0.096s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.0446s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb