Hello Mr. Sapo! Please eat my coin.


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
May 30th 2010
Published: May 30th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday was a lot of fun. We left at 8 AM to head toward Sacred Valley. On the way there we stopped at a place where you can feed and pet alpaca, llamas and actullay some types of camels. After that we went to Pisac, a beautiful town in heart of a valley. We had a short while to shop there before heading to Ollantaytambo. There we toured the Inca ruins of Ollantaytambo. Then we had time for lunch and some more shopping if we liked. On the way back to Cusco we stopped at a Chicheria, the place where they make a drink called Chicha. It's made by boiling corn and letting it ferment for 3 to 15 days. While there we played a game called Sapo, which means frog in Spanish. The point of the game is to throw these little metal disks at the playing board to try and get it in the holes around the frog for points, or in the frog's mouth for even more points. I don't think anyone got it in the frog's mouth in our group, not even our tour guide. On the way home we also stopped at a place called Nelly's House, where indigineous women show how they make the thread and yarn that they use to make things that people buy. Then we returned to Cusco and a group of us went out to the discotecas for a while. Over all it was a fun day.


Additional photos below
Photos: 57, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



6th June 2010

Mr Sapo
Loved that sign !! and the gladiolus - are they native to Peru?? SC is not too hot but very muggy - how great are our afternoon thunderstorms ? (Kevin is now officially a high school graduate...) love ya

Tot: 0.063s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0291s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb