Peru


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
April 5th 2009
Published: April 5th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Hello from Peru. Our last country!

After surviving the death road mountain bike ride in La Paz (which was awesome) we headed to Lake Titicaca and visited the Isle of the Sun. It was pretty and we got sunburnt walking from one end to the other.

We have just got back from our trek to Machu Picchu. I was a bit worried that it wouldn´t live up to expectations, but it was amazing. It was a lot smaller than I imagined but the setting of the ruins, surrounded by the mountains and deep gorges made it feel very special. We did some mountain biking riding and a lot of walking and were rewarded with a visit to some hot springs. The soak in the springs was a good thing as we hadn´t showered for a few days.

The climb up huayna picchu (the mounatin you see behind the ruins in the famous picture) was awesome and the ruins up there are just perched on the edge of huge drops. I liked it! Definitely worth the visit.

Our trip is narly over now; only 9 days until we fly home from Lima. We are heading to Arequipa tonight and the onward up through Nazca.

Allan


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0494s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb