Christmas in Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
December 24th 2008
Published: February 19th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The gang on Christmas dayThe gang on Christmas dayThe gang on Christmas day

Aoibhean took the photo

Cusco, again



Just to catch up from our last entry: From Iquitos we flew to Lima (on the way we hit an air pocket which was no joke), spent 3 days there and then bussed to Cusco.

Since we have been in Cusco in August last year at the beginning of our trip, this is a very short entry detailing our activities over the Christmas period.

We arrived absolutely exhausted in Cusco after a 22 hour bus drive from Lima (Darran left a day before us). We met up with Linsey, Darran and the two Irish, Aoibheaan and Simon, at Casa de la Gringa, our home for the next two weeks. Cusco was in a frenzy with loads of tourists, cars, rain and dog poo on the streets. It was crazy to say the least and we have never seen Cusco like this.

On Christmas morning we shared secret Santa gifts which was followed by a lovely breakfast consisting of strawberry pancakes (American style with real maple syrup) prepared by Linsey. As the Irish arrived before us in Cusco they made Christmas dinner reservations at the local party hostel called Loki. The dinner was pleasant with loads of turkey and and even more people. Christmas just wasn´t the same as back home and both of us were a little homesick. Luckily the homesickness passed quickly after the Christmas season.

The weather in Cusco wasn´t great and as it was the rainy season, it rained almost every day. Most days were spent reading, sleeping, watching Dvd´s and eating. Overall, we were extremely lazy and had a nice break from backpacking! On the two days that it didn´t rain, we went up to the mountains behind Cusco and we also visited the Temple of the Moon.

Cusco remains a magical place and it almost feels like home. We will be back!




Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

Cusco mountainsCusco mountains
Cusco mountains

Photo Credit: Margareta Jarzabek
Cusco mountainsCusco mountains
Cusco mountains

Photo Credit: Margareta Jarzabek
Cusco mountainsCusco mountains
Cusco mountains

Photo Credit: Margareta Jarzabek
Cusco mountainsCusco mountains
Cusco mountains

Photo Credit: Margareta Jarzabek
Cusco mountainsCusco mountains
Cusco mountains

Photo Credit: Margareta Jarzabek
LM and BerLM and Ber
LM and Ber

Photo Credit: Margareta Jarzabek
Cusco mountainsCusco mountains
Cusco mountains

Photo Credit: Margareta Jarzabek
CuscoCusco
Cusco

Photo Credit: Margareta Jarzabek


23rd February 2009

Ber, jou hare is al amper so lank to Liza-Marie s'n!

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 59; dbt: 0.0738s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb