First days in Cusco


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Cusco » Cusco
November 5th 2008
Published: November 5th 2008
Edit Blog Post

After a very early morning call (04:00am) we caught the transfer to the airport. Unfortunately for us the transfer decided that we need to be there already at more or less 5:30am. So, we’ve had over 2 hours of time to kill before our flight started boarding. Thank god for the business lounges...
In Lima we’ve had to go through the Passport control and the customs. The later has made us laugh - as usually you have to fill out the declaration. But then, once you submit that, you have to press a button which decides if you will have to go through the full check or not...¨:-)
Already the flight into Cusco was impressive. The plane has stayed quite low the whole flight (or maybe it just looked like that, since the mountains below us were about 4000m high) and we could see the valleys and the small towns below.
Once we landed, almost from the first look we fell in love with the city. It’s streets, it’s colorful people, the markets, the good/spicy food.

Because after our first attempt to walk both of us completely lost our breath (Cusco is at about 3300m above sea level),
.........

This dog has "adopted" me as his owner and didn´t want to let me move a step without him being around...
we’ve decided that for today we should choose an exercise that isn’t too strenuous and isn't too dangerous... e.g. horse back riding.
The ride went through some very beautiful country side. We've visited couple of pre-Inca ruins, all good and fine. Until we've encountered another horse that was trying to get closer to our horses and my horse decided to play the "protector" of the group... to cut long story short - the other horse kicked while I was sitting on mine & managed to kick straight into my ankle... Lucky for me that the horse didn’t have horse shoes on - in which case the damage to my leg could have been far more serious then a bad bruise…


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



Tot: 0.149s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 68; dbt: 0.0827s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb