Heading down to Machu Picchu


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Aguas Calientes
May 10th 2005
Published: May 10th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Well its time to head out of Dodge...I mean Cuzco and head down to Agues Calientes ( actual meaning Hot Springs) to see Machu Picchu. We had a very nice time checking out the museums that Cuzco has to offer. We found this really nice museum called Santo Domingo. Santo Domingo when he came to Peru built a church over the ruins of Qoricancha. This museum houses some of the best preserved Inca walls in Peru.

We're leaving this afternoon for Urumbamba and then heading over to Ollanytanambo to view some more ruins and check out some of the markets. I've heard these markets are wonderful for their textiles.

Tomorrow morning we catch the 5:45 train to Machu Picchu to watch the sun rise over Machu Picchu. We'll be spending the day exploring the ruins.

After Machu Picchu we'll head back to Cuzco for another day or two to check out some other ruins and do some hiking. Then from there we'll head over to Lake Titicaca.

And to answer a question that everyone is dying to know about. No we still haven't eaten Cuy (Guinea Pig). Although the table beside ours last night at dinner did. A skull on the table does not look too apetitizing. Let me tell you!!!!

We'll be back in two day with some pictures of Machu Picchu and the surrounding sights.

Stay tuned. PS for the next two nights we'll be staying at Hotel Wiracocha 0051 84 211088




Advertisement



12th May 2005

Hi Guys!
Great photos, nice looking hotel too! I can't wait for the next update. Glad you guys are having fun. Wish I were there to do some hiking with you !!! Have fun, talk to you soon. xo Patti - Patti

Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 14; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0634s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb