Sojourn's Interlude


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Aguas Calientes
August 23rd 2006
Published: August 23rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

Greetings!

Sayard and I are back in Anchorage. Why, even as I am writting this I am delighting in the smooth refreshment of an Alaskan Summer Ale. Though out homecomming has been sweet, we are once again to be road-bound tommorow. We are moving down to Corvallis, Oregon where Sayard is applying to the Police and I will be matriculating into a Doctoral program in Molecular and Cell Biology.

Since I hate packing, I have naturally put it off until the very last possible minute and am now frantically trying to get it done; between sips of beer. Therefore this will be a somewhat short update.

After spending a couple of days around Cuzco, we headed off to Machu Picchu. We decided to hike in via a trail that hugs the Urubamba river from the village of Sant Maria. The hike took us through Banana, orange, cofee and everyones favorite, coca fields as well as dry tropical forest. We were frequently accompanied by the sounds of parrots flying overhead and the occasional toucan in the trees.

Machu Picchuy itself was beutiful. We spent about eight hours exploring the ruins and surrounding area. We even climbed Wayna Picchu. That is the mountain the background of Machu Picchu.

Welp, that's about it. It was great keeping in touch with all of you back home and we will update this blog from time to time with our Oregonian adventures.


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement

SaccywoumanSaccywouman
Saccywouman

I don't actually remember how to spell it, but it sounds just like "Sexy woman". Ruins near Cuzco.
Camelid ParkCamelid Park
Camelid Park

Lazy Alpacas can't get their own alfalfa.
Sayard makes another friendSayard makes another friend
Sayard makes another friend

This was a pet monkey of some villagers on our way to Machu Picchu.
Hot Springs on the TrailHot Springs on the Trail
Hot Springs on the Trail

A little resort we passed on the way.


2nd September 2006

Awesome trip! Sorry Trevor and I missed seeing you when you got back - keep in touch!!!!!!

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0431s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb