Mucha Pitchu


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Cusco » Aguas Calientes
December 10th 2008
Published: December 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

So our last night in cusco involved experienceing the delicacies of the street vendors and the local markets. We had meat and one veg on a stick, some kind of fried sausage on a stick, tea made from some type of grass, oil flavoured doughnuts and juice of three mangoes. And our GITs are still intact. We also came across the wholesaler of all the souvenier stores over here. Bought some local Pisco for almost nothing then went to bed to wake up too early for the train.

The train ride was largely uneventlful, aguas calientes is a very touristy town, with everyone gauging tourists for money. But its not as ugly as you read about, surrounded by verdant (scrabble word) mountains and has a fast flowing river.

We just got back from machu pichu and my conclusion is that its worth any trouble it takes to get there. We took a little bit of video to show you. We walked up the mountain from aguas calientes and it was a killer walk, especialy at 4 in the morning. But we got to MP without the masses being there (we were maybe tenth, and while we walked arround the ruins we were for the most part alone.

Saw three rodent like large animals at MP and some pointy nosed thing on the walk back down, well work out what they are later.

Oh anyone planing at trip to MP, travel agents can get you a bus to the hydro electric plant beyond aguas calientes and you can walk back along the train lines, avoiding the super expensive train, which by the way dad, you will find on the credit card statement. Ill pay when we get home.

Now wasting time wating for the train back to cuzco.
Atas mais tarde,
Andrew

Hasta luego gringoes,
Lachlan

Advertisement



Tot: 0.097s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb