Major Mistakes


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Santa Catalina
January 20th 2012
Published: January 20th 2012
Edit Blog Post

So off we go to the airport again but this time not in a limo, or at least a not expensive limo. It was a nice black car again not so shiny but for a third of the price we got when we had arrived in Lima.

Beeing in the airport a little hungry and looking for a place to seat, we went to our good friend starbucks... Some yummy frapuccinos featured on the board and me trying to be spontaneous decided to have a frapuccino algarrobina.. Algarrobina does the name sound familiar??? Guessing not!! Well at that time it didn t ring any bell to me either untill I took the first sip and then I knew and made the association algarrobina=carob. Ew yiak, stef was making fun of me and asked me how I could drink that thing, cxoz i drunk it. I was thirsty and beeing on a tight budget its not good to waste our money.

The flight to Arequipa was nice, we had good seats the journey was smooth and in hour we had reached our destination. A tiny airport, where the plane parks outside the door to the baggage claim and the stairs for the passengers to get down of the plane are pushed and attached to it manually. Nonethe less the serice was very stisfuing and quick. Outside the door mr Rivas and Amiel waited for us thanks to luis that has arranged them for us. Amiel spoke English fluently which was a change to what we have been used to coz noone seems to speak english and the few ones that do, just know the basics. We talked a bit about our schedule here in Arequipa and the brought us to our hostel.

I have to say, it is located in a scary area though that area is the centre (serioysly, y is that i know not) Then this old woman runs the hostel which is basicly her old house, with rooms that smell old and unventilated. She is a very nice lady, speaks no english and has a siamese cat and a dog. Staying here for more than one night is a no no so our dearest new friends Amiel and his boss are getting us out of here the day after tomorrow coz tomorrow we will be spending the night in Chivay.

Just a small note before i go to our fab room (not)... People here surprise surprise do smell the same DEO as the Limenos and they also look scarier. The townitsself is not as nice as Lima but the Plaza de l Armas is picturesque.

Hasta Luego mes amigos

Advertisement



Tot: 0.142s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0531s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb