Thermal Maths


Advertisement
Peru's flag
South America » Peru » Arequipa » Colca Canyon
March 14th 2016
Published: March 15th 2016
Edit Blog Post

It was a bit of a struggle to get down to the hot springs, but I took my time and it was worth it. After larking about in the pools and switching back and forth between the hot and cold pools we got down to some good old fashioned home schooling in a hot spring pool. First up was maths: we did some times tables, addition, subtraction and we almost succeeded in explaining percentages to Hat. Then we did geography and geology, the canyon was perfect for showing things like erosion and how stalactites and stalactites form, finally we did some literacy in the form of 'what does this word me'. I'm not kidding when I say that the kids were all in and very enthusiastic. When asked, they said it was because it was an experience rather than just writing stuff down in a classroom. Cold drinks in the hot pool was the treat, plus a game of crocodile-crocodile.
Cas declared that the red wine was delicious but of course I was staying off the stuff. We met an Anerican couple from Virginia and Ed hit it off with their son who was also an avid Minecraft fan.


Additional photos below
Photos: 2, Displayed: 2


Advertisement



Tot: 0.322s; Tpl: 0.042s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.1351s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb