4 countries in a day


Advertisement
Paraguay's flag
South America » Paraguay » Ciudad del Este
November 10th 2009
Published: November 13th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Today was always going to be a bit of a nothing day as we were shipping out in the evening, so after wandering into town to get my first dvd burned I found an acai for breakfast and wandered back to the hotel; 7 of us had elected to go to Paraguay for a couple of hours - an illicit border raid, if you will as we didn't get the passport stamps. Customs was just a chap sitting under a tree..
The contrast to brazil was striking - yes it was still scorching hot, but unlike the reserved streets of Foz there were stalls everywhere, and a lot more energy - maybe we were just in that part of town, but it didn't feel like a small enclave. There's no vat here, so electronics are the steal - saw my new camera for at least 30 quid less than I paid for it! We wandered the streets and stalls for about an hour and a half, before making our way back to Brazil.
A few relaxed hours this afternoon (by now it was scorchio) and then it was taxis across the Argentine border, and a wait for the overnight bus. While still plush, it was nothing like as good as the last one, so a very broken night's sleep (after playing the name game for 2 hours) and we woke up in.... Argentina still! We hopped off the bus and jumped into taxis, and a high speed ride to the Uruguaian border.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

the streets of Saltothe streets of Salto
the streets of Salto

we stopped here for lunch on our way into Uruguay


Tot: 0.13s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0516s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb