Last Day in Guyana


Advertisement
Guyana's flag
South America » Guyana » Lethem
March 16th 2007
Published: March 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Mrs. Foo cooked us a good breakfast and we walked around town doing a little souvenir shopping. I bought some guava jam and a couple little handmade things. We went back to the guesthouse, packed up, said goodbye to Mrs. Foo, and walked to the airport. We checked in at the airport and had some time to kill before the flight. The Internet café was open so we checked some email and sent a few and then did some more souvenir shopping. We went to the airport to sit for a while and met two American guys who were in Guyana working on the windmills for Wings of Hope. They had actually changed tickets with Bill and Christine so that they could get back to Georgetown a day early for the surgeries. The plane finally showed up and we all headed to Georgetown.

A man named Barry, who works for Patrick, picked the four of us up and drove us to our hotels. We are staying at the Windjammer once again. Nicole found us and said that Dr. Becky was in a meeting and Paul had caught an earlier flight home. The three of us walked down to the Bounty Farms Supermarket to find Sheldon. He wasn’t there so we bought some cold drinks and I got a Starbucks Frappuccino for the next morning. We walked back to the hotel and Nicole and I finished up all the paperwork and organizing that had to be done. Becky showed up and I decided to take a nap before we all met at 7 for dinner. We went to a restaurant called Bistro 176. There were 9 of us all together: Stan, Terrence, Sheldon, Patrick, Dr. Becky, Nicole, Muscle, Dad, and me. Bill and Christine were operating until 9 p.m. so they couldn’t join us. The food was excellent and we had a good time swapping stories from our trips. We wrapped up around 10 and headed off for a few hours of sleep.



Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0526s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb