The Beginning


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador
December 2nd 2010
Published: December 2nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Hola!

Decided to start a travel blog... Let's see how it goes!

After flying Brisbane - Sydney then Sydney - Los Angeles, we landed with 16hours to wait till our next flight to Panama. Not wanting to spend the whole time in the airport (how boring) we decided to take public transport to Hollywood. I found a step by step plan of how to do this on the Internet, so we followed that and quite easily got to Hollywood. Upon arrival we decided to eat food other than airplane food!

Next we signed up for a tour of LA and stars homes. We saw homes belonging to Beckham and Posh, Tom and Katie, Christina, Dr Phil, and many more. We also saw famous sites such as Rodeo Drive, Beverly Hills, Chataeu Marmount. Our tour also included entry to the wax museum. Wow those people look so real! The museum covered about 3 floors of stars where you could interact with them and put on costumes. After finishing this we decided to hea back to the airport and wait for our 10pm check in at Copa Airlines.

Finally after four flights and over 40hours of no constant sleep and shower we
finally arrived to Quito around 1:30pm. To tired to do anything big we ventured to the grocery store to buy some snacks. Bought a bag full of snacks and water which only came to $5.06!! BARGAIN!

Second day in Quito we decided to visit the Basilica. This is a massive church which took 120 years to build and inside has a variety of gods for all religions. It was so pretty, stained glass windows everywhere of different people, high ceilings, marble walls and you can actually climb the clock tower and stand under the clock.

Yesterday and Today (1/2nd of dec) were pretty relaxed days with a little chaos. Yesterday I had major travel considerations to make. Eventually things worked out and it looks like my uncle and his girlfriend are coming over to finish the trip with me 😊

Will write again soonish! The next couple of days should include tours to places! Mitad del mundo (the equator), Otavalo (markets to buy Jordan's poncho), a local soccer game with our New Zealand friends Jack and Teale, and we may take a day trip to Mindo (a small village 2 hours away).

Hasta Luego!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0314s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb