Outside of Cuenca (San Fernando)


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South
April 20th 2011
Published: April 20th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0


Andrew and I Andrew and I Andrew and I

On the bus to San Fernando.
So far I have been outside of Cuenca twice. The first time was last Friday when I went to San Fernando. The town is about an hour and half away by bus and it was a beautiful bus ride. On the way there we saw rolling hills with lots of greenery. We got to see many Indigenous people and where they live. Their houses are mainly made of cement and are quite small. They almost always have cows and at least one dog.
Myself and another teacher went there because his sister's boyfriend works in the town and they said that it was beautiful. When we got to the town we immediately noticed how empty it was. There were hardly any people. When we asked his sister a little later she said that the town was made of mostly women. All of their husbands and sons were in the United States making money in order to send back to their family. I guess that this is common in many small towns throughout South America.
About 2 kilometers outside of the town there is a lake that we went to. The lake sits on top of a hill next to large rock formation. The entire scene was just so beautiful, but then after being there for about ten minutes the clouds rolled in and we couldn’t see anything. I am excited to go back to the lake at San Fernando when the weather gets nicer, because I guess it is a good place to fish and go camping.



Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

ViewView
View

This is the view from the lake in San Fernando.


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0569s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb