Sep 14, 2015 - Gideon Bibles at the IESS Hospital


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
September 14th 2015
Published: September 14th 2015
Edit Blog Post

Well, the first picture below is one that I took from someone else's FB post. I didn't know he took the picture, but it was while I was on the stage at church taking pictures of all the kids at the Samaritans Purse Shoebox event.

For about a year, one of the other elders at church has been trying to get Debi and I to join the Gideons. He is the president of one of the local camps (chapters). So a couple of months ago we did. We have a ttended a few meetings and this morning we wen to one of the hospitals in town, the IESS Hospital (Social Security Hospital). There were 10 of us, Debi and I being the only gringos. We went to all seven floors, to all the rooms and all the offices handing out the Gideon Bibles (New Testament, Proverbs and Psalms). There were small white ones for the doctors, nurses and other medical employees, and larger blue ones to be placed with all the patients.

Don't be shocked by the picture below. Yes, I, Roger, am in a sport coat and tie. Only the second time since we have been in Cuenca, almost two years.

This morning

Advertisement



Tot: 0.334s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0718s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb