August 1 - 9, 2015 - Vacation Bible School


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
September 10th 2015
Published: September 10th 2015
Edit Blog Post

On the first of August a group of eight missionaries from Calvary Chapel Miami came to Cuenca to conduct Vacation Bible School (VBS) and do outreach around the city. The five women were scheduled to stay with us. When they arrived at about 7 in the evening our first comment to them was, "We hope you don't have to shower, we don't have any water". The water had been off for several hours.

After fixing dinner for them, the water came back on. BUT, our water heater decided to quit on us. Quick phone call to Braulio, with a request that he bring his brother Emilio (a great handyman that has so blessed us in our home). Fifteen minutes later they came and after about twenty minutes he had everything taken care of and we had hot water.

This team worked so hard while they were here. They would come back to the house about 9 or 10 at night and leave before 8 in the morning. We rarely saw them and only prepared a couple of meals for them. A lot less than what we had planned for.

They went all over the city into parks and squares and did skits and handed out tracts to everyone. The women were all first or second generation Cuban-Americans and spoke fluent Spanish. They ranged from a senior in high school to a teacher, from 18 to late 20's.

During their time here they had about 100 people give their lives to Christ. Praise God!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.23s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 5; qc: 43; dbt: 0.057s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb