Onward to Ecuador


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
November 1st 2010
Published: November 10th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We left our Miami room at 3:00pm to get to the airport for our 6pm direct fight to Guayaquil (pronounced Gwhy-a-keel) only to find out it had been canceled. They instead routed us through Quito, then to Guayaquil. Our flight didn’t leave until about 7:30 pm and we were told we had to change planes in Quito. Luckily, the flight attendant spotted the ticket in my hand on the way off the plane, and told us that we did not change planes. Instead they did something strange that took about an hour on the tarmac. Everyone who was still on the plane changed seats! It was a huge plane (40 rows of 7) and although we found our new seats right away, this seemed to cause mass confusion and milling around. LAN was a good airline as far as amenities (a pillow, a blanket, free supper, free drinks, including beer and wine, and an inflight entertainment system). We watched that new Clint Eastwood movie. However, we got into Guayaquil at about 1:30 am, instead of 9pm. Luckily, our connection at the guest house knew we were late and was there waiting for us, thank god!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0348s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb