Cuenca


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
June 8th 2009
Published: June 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

This blog is more for pictures of Cuenca! The bus arrived late into the middle class town of Cuenca on Saturday at about 9.30. From the bus terminal, we went straight to the hostel to drop off our bags and to hit the streets to see what we could find to eat. It was Saturday night, so the town was popping with young Ecuadorian cats lined up outside this club to go get there groove on. This town and the way the people are dressed reminded me a lot of back home. The instyle clothes, the tangerine street lights, and the advertisements.
The next day we hoofed it around for about 4 hours to check out the town and highlights. It was Sunday so many of the shops were closed excepted for the open air markets, a few store fronts, and cafes.
Ecuador is beyond the U.S. in terms of ice cream bc they have non melting ice cream that sits waiting on the street corners.
The town square is like many of the past. A square, a church, and the decorations between to make that square unique. Sitting on the concrete ground, I watched three kids kick a wadded piece of paper around the square with such bliss. There was nothing that could make them happier as they managed to kick under the legs and around people as bobbed and weaved through various congestion of people. Ecuador was playing Peru later in a soccer game, I´m sure the kids were getting their legs stretched for the big game. There were also two old men sitting on benches like they did every Sunday and it looked like they shared the same conversation they did every Sunday except for the random finger pointing they did as people passed them.
Other than that, all is good. My time here in South America is winding down. Maybe that is why I can´t sleep and have been up since 3 in the morning. Either way, it is time to make the most of it!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 16, Displayed: 16


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0372s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb