Cajas National Park


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
June 3rd 2007
Published: June 3rd 2007
Edit Blog Post

We didn't make it to the bus terminal until almost twelve (when have we ever been on time!) but made it to Cajas in good time. Found a use for all the Spanish the guys have been teaching us when we had to yell at the guy on the bus who wanted to charge us for the full fare to Guayaquil even though we were getting off after only an hour and we weren't allowed seats! He backed off as the Ecuadorians sitting near us decided to help us out. Had another argument with the guy on the gate that we DID have CENSO and we were NOT going to pay the tourist fee ($1.50 as opposed to $10) despite only having papers as they were out of the actual cards. Hope it's going to be ok for Galapagos! Lou's friend Sam also came with us and managed to get reduced fee despite not having a CENSO as the guy really wasn't the brightest!


Started walking up to Laguna Toreador but as it was eight kilometres we hitched a ride on a passing camienetta. Got to the lake and posed for photos before heading down to walk all the way round. Actually turned into a marsh in places and when we got all the way round we found we were in a conservation area. It's really no good putting signs one way if you don't block off the other end! Very good walk in the end although Sam had to go exploring up a waterfall, get stuck and then have to run halfway round the lake to catch up covered in mud. Hombres! We stopped for a picnic half way round on a bizarre little island that Sam was determined we were going to get to. Amazingly enough none of us got that wet.


Very easy to get home as we just waited at the side of the ride and hailed a Guayaquil - Cuenca bus. Arrive home safely and went for food (what else).


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



7th June 2007

Ecuadorian fashions
That hat has made another appearence.....!!!! Looking very stylish Katherine! Hope you're bringing one of those home for me - I'd look great refereeing football on the playground in one of those!!! :)
7th June 2007

LOVE the hat, dahling!
13th December 2009

for the next visit to Cajas
I put together some information on Cajas with maps and tracks. please feel free to visit http://parque-nacional-cajas.org yours, kasper

Tot: 0.158s; Tpl: 0.024s; cc: 32; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0835s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb