Off to Ingapirca!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » South » Cuenca
March 16th 2007
Published: March 16th 2007
Edit Blog Post

There were seven in the bed.....There were seven in the bed.....There were seven in the bed.....

Yes, it really was that cold - just look at the layers we're all wearing!
We have every Friday afternoon off work (believe me, we need it) so we decided to go to Ingapirca straight after school as there was only one bus that left at 1.00pm. Six of us managed to get to the bus terminal on time, unfortunatley Bel was late yet again and missed the bus! We got a phone call from her halfway through the journey and managed to persuade her to try a roundabout route via Cañar to try and meet us there. Not something I´d fancy doing but she does have enough Spanish to do it (probably anyway!) We arrived at Ingapirca to find ourselves dumped right outside the site so we had to walk the kilometre back into the village to find a hostel. Trusting the Lonely Planet as always we ended up at Hostel Inti Huasi which is described as "clean, comfortable and friendly". Well, they were certainly friendly and it looked clean as long as you squinted and used your imagination. As for comfortable, they certainly weren´t talking about the temperature. It was so cold that we all decided to share beds (except the boys who refused point blank). Rather amusing when Jack sat on the bed we had designated as Bel´s (if she manages to turn up) and went straight through it. Not only did all the planks fall out, the frame actually broke. What followed was best described by Sophie as ´very Crystal Maze´with a group effort and a lot of swearing to try and fit it all back together again. It worked surprisingly well in the end - not sure for how long though! We sat around for ages with Jack getting very stressed in trying to teach us poker before we realised we had no signal so went downstairs to stand in the freezing rain in the hope that Bel called. The guys went off to jump on passing buses looking for her while we huddled inside (someone had to look after phone after all!) She eventually turned up at 7.00pm on the very last bus into Ingapirca after having taken a very roundabout route. Still, all safe and sound if not quite warm and dry (we returned to out rooms to find the hostel was sporting several leaks!)

Advertisement



21st March 2007

what do you mean only 6 to a bed.
Hi KAt What about 10 in a bed??? Sounds amazing. It's great to pictrure it all. What did you actually go to see?????

Tot: 0.271s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 32; qc: 145; dbt: 0.1891s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb