Quito and prepping for the jungle


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
August 21st 2006
Published: August 21st 2006
Edit Blog Post

We took the long long bus ride from Cuenca to Quito on Saturday and are now in Ecuador´s capital city.

It´s divided into the new and old cities, which are fairly self explanatory. We wandered around on Sunday but things were very very quiet and a lot of things apparently don´t bother to open on Sunday. It´s a very nice city though, with gorgeous views and plenty of history and interesting architecture. The old city has particularly nice eye candy. All in all it´s been a quiet couple of days as we gear up for the rainforest.

We´re going on Wednesday to the Shiripuno Amazon Lodge in the middle of the rainforest. We have to take (another) long bus ride from Quito to Coca (9hrs😊 and then 3hrs on a pick-up/bus followed by 4hrs on a canoe. Needless to say, there won´t be any internet cafes in the jungle, so you may not hear from me again between Wednesday and Saturday (or more likely Sunday) when we return.

If you google Shiripuno I´m sure there are some descriptions of the program there.

Anyway, that´s about it for now. Tomorrow we might go explore the volcano near Quito. The other major volcano in Ecuador recently erupted, wiping out several towns including the important town of Baños, but this one is dormant, so don´t worry mum/grandma.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.082s; Tpl: 0.019s; cc: 10; qc: 61; dbt: 0.043s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb