kyle and i went to the amazon!!!!!!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
April 2nd 2006
Published: April 2nd 2006
Edit Blog Post

so this week had its ups and downs. the huge highlight of the week was that we went to the amazon. we got up at two a.m. and were on the road by 3:30 a.m. we drove for four hours and made it to the amazon! the drive was amazing. it was so cool to see the slow change of environment. kyle and i went because santa martha is starting a new center there with an indigenous tribe. we brought some of our turtles to live there and lots of othere things to help them get started. they have a monkey cage and a snake cage that are just amazingly huge and they also have a reptile pond that is just awesome! they have made some really amazing cages and such for the animals. we got to meet one family, and the oldest woman there in the village. most of the people there speak quechua, but a few speak spanish.
the low of the week was that we had to put madonna, the lion, down. it really was probably best for her since she had arthiritis. one of my favorite wooly monkeys got sicks as well, so everyone was worried about her. she seems to be doing better though. we had some problems with our parrots too. a weasel got to one and two others just died.
our new donkey, leroy, has been having some fun. he got loose and ran down the pasture. that was entertaining watching kyle and fiona chase after him!
that´s about it!
cheers!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 35; dbt: 0.0311s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb