First day in Ecuador!!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
October 9th 2009
Published: October 9th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Got to Ecuador around 12 o clock last nite, flight was delayed because they had no pilots, then we thought we were been bumped to 1st class but turns out we were just sitting behind first class!! ah well!!

We got off the plane and we couldnt walk, or barely stand, must of been a combo of sitting around so long and been introduced to the altitude of 3000m!!
The lad that was meant to pick us up at the airport wasnt there but we got in contacted with him and he dropped us off at our new home for the next month!!

"Mama" came out to meet us at the door, she´s lovely, really mobile for a 76yr old!! The house is lovely, not what we expected at all!! we were also greeted by none other of than a feckin leprechaun teddy in one of the rooms, he´s class he´s a bowl of sweets waiting for us, were calling him larry the lep from now on!! : )

Woke up this morning around half 5 and was in and out of sleep then til half 8 when we got up and showered and down for breakfast were we met Davide and Maria Jose (who seems to do the cooking) which was a banana, fresh orange juice and some bread, not the may west (best) but it´ll do!! Oh and not to mention the aqua or leite incident (water or milk). Maria asked us which one we´d like we both said leite - she opened the fridge or freezer and took out this bag of stuff and poured it into a pot and started boiling it, actually wasnt so bad whatever kinda milk it was, just one of those things we´ll have to get used to.

"Mama" walked us to spanish school this morning, bout a ten minute walk, the school is class, free internet, tea, coffee, rolls powder milk another new experience!! : ) everyone´s hilarious over here, all day were getting sideways looks, it´s a holiday today so everyones out sitting about looking at us funny, there all sound tho, either just glance at ya or try sell us something, we went to one of the food markets after we left spanish school, it was amazing, such an array of different smells, from, soups, fruit, guinea pig, pork back and other random stuff we´ve no idea what they are but defo gonna sample them!!

we went back to the house for lunch then were mama and maria jose were there, they finally worked it out were from ireland, i messed it up trying to speak spanish and must of said poland or holland or something, then mama asked us about the harp we got her (we bought her a harp in shannon airport as a thanks gift and she though it was from holland but we explained and she likes it more now we think!!)lunch was some soup with potato, cabbage, lentils and some other yoke that we hope was cheese, but could of been something totally different, ah well, then we had a tuna salad with rice and a drink of what we think was ice tea but again were not sure!!!

we went back out for a walk after looking for a vietnam restaurant called uncle ho´s, its run by an irish gut so we want ed to pop in and say hello, didnt find it, but found the centre of the new town which is class, loads happening, loads of bars, restaurants and tour operators!! its only here where we seen other "gringos" or westeners, all day long its like we were in another world all together!! found and irish pub called finn ma cools, gonna watch ireland game there tomorrow then the ecuadior games on after!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0652s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb