First Time in Quito Ecuador


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
February 13th 2006
Published: February 13th 2006
Edit Blog Post

So, Kyle and I finally made it after an incredibly long bus ride! but here we are in ecuador. we stayed last night at a hostal called the magic bean. it was really nice. the people here in the city of quito are really nice and willing to help. we are taking advantage of their kindness as much as we can without becoming neive. when some street kids asked us for money and we said no, they had a water balloon or something thrown at us yesterday but it missed and hit the ground and only splashed us on the feet...we went and washed it off cause who knows what it really was. we just laughed it off pretty much. but so far out experiance here has been really really good and we are looking forward to the rest of our time here. it is 10 53 am right now and at 11 30 we are heading over to the town we are goin to be living in called tambillo. that is were the animal refuge is that we will be volunteering at. looking forward to the drive to see the wilderness and things of that nature...this country is absolutly beautiful...we are surrounded by very large lush green mountains. we have a digital camera with us and we are hoping to be able to place some of the pics that we take here on the web site if we get the opportunity to. we will try to update everyone as to how our trip is going as time goes by. our issue however is that we only come to this city maybe once or twice a week. but we will do our best..take care all and we miss you and will see you in about 3 1/2 months. chau!!

-steph and kyle

Advertisement



Tot: 0.055s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0353s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb