A day at the spa


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
January 23rd 2009
Published: January 29th 2009
Edit Blog Post

I meet the girls at 09:00. We are going to the Papallacta thermal hot springs. The ride up there takes about 1.5 hours to get there by taxi. We are using the same taxi driver we used the day before. This guy is make a good living off of us.

When we get there, we bargain with the receptionists at the spa, but they won't give us a deal for the thermal hot spring and a spa treatment. We end up only booking spa treatments. Tania and I book a back massage and reflexology for 60 minutes (costs $38 USD). Michelle and Helena book a 45 minute body wrap (costs $30 USD).

We eat lunch in the restaurant then go for a 30 minute hike. After our hike, we all receive our spa treatments. Mine is great! It's exactly what I needed after the Inca Jungle Trail. I didn't realize my back was so tight from carrying my backpack all over the place.

We head back to town and end up back at papayanet. It's a great place. The guys behind the counter even let us copy the music that is playing in the cafe. We end up going to dinner at a Mexican place. The food is really good and they give huge portion sizes. So much for my diet. After dinner, we say our goodbyes and part ways.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.163s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.1107s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb