Quito - What a great city.


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
July 13th 2008
Published: July 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Quito is one of the first big cities that I really like. Even with its reputation of being very dangerous we found nothing wrong with it. the people were nice, lots of stuff to do, plenty of things to see, and some of the best lookouts of any city. On Saturday the nearby town of Otavalo turns into a giant market, the market takes over the whole town and you can buy everything from handicrafts to fruit and vegetables, to livestock and anything else you could possible imagine.We found out that Sunday seem to be family day and every one spends time doing things. The parks were full of people, we even took time to sit around and fly a kite. We also visited the Basilica del Voto Nacional. a beautiful old Gothic catholic church. We were able to climb to the top of the towers and I really mean the top. Absolutely terrifying but well worth the view.
Sorry for the delay on this and the next couple blog entries. We have been having to much fun to waste any of it at the computer.

Cheers
Tim and Meagan


Additional photos below
Photos: 78, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

Inside the BasilicaInside the Basilica
Inside the Basilica

Basilica del Voto Nacional
Quito at night 2Quito at night 2
Quito at night 2

Cafe Mosaico
Heads or feetHeads or feet
Heads or feet

We discovered later that these are sold for soup!


Tot: 0.05s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0299s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1mb