Trujillo, Mancora, Quito


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
June 27th 2007
Published: June 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post


Well has been a month I think since my last little tap about, Parents giving me grief so thought it was about time to say whats been happening etc.

Well for the last 2 weeks or Trujillo my irish mate Fanning joined me for some quality charity work, was really great to have a friend fromback home,

On the last day in Trujillo went to see the Temple of the Moon, (Huanca del Luna), Thought it was an amazing place where supposdly was a religous and ceremonial place for the Moche culture, Amazing paintings dating back to around 200-600 ad.


From Trujillo we travelled up to Mancora for a little R and R, week long of sun and a few local ales, was ment to be a really good spot for surfing but I believe it was well out of season for the surf and the biggest the waves got were knee high haha. But did take a day trip down the coast one dad where we got some great left handers, happy days.

From Mancora we took the bus north and across the border to Ecuador, I am so happy we took the option of getting the bus right through the border, have herd soe nightmare stories of people getting harrassed and robbed there, even the odd story of guys fighting to keep there gear.

From there was a 10 hour trip up to quito, the bus was stopped more then it was moving, so frustrating, 2 time during the night we had to get off because of police wit shot guns etc were doing drug and passport checks, good times!!!!

So finally arrived in quito, been here 3 days, amazing city up high in the mountains, tried to go to the prison today, missed the cut though gutted!!!

Well hope that fills you in on my going ons,

hope I am a little better in the future at keeping the site updated



Advertisement



Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 12; qc: 51; dbt: 0.045s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb