Living in Quito


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito
December 5th 2006
Published: February 8th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Fun Garden Statues Fun Garden Statues Fun Garden Statues

We like these little statues so much it has given us something to collect while we are here. We have three so far and we want to put them in our garden in Pullman.
We chose an apartment in between SAE club and our spanish classes at La Lengua. We looked a a few different aparments. The first was a 70's style place where the woman said "one of my flaws is that I am controling and I like to know where you are." We did not call back. The second building looked very scary on the outside and we were not sure that it looked safe, but after walking through two security gates, a locked front door, and walking up four flights of stairs - it seemed pretty safe. The apartment had color and light, a nice view, and new appliances. We were sold and moved the next weekend. We have a great view of a beautiful cathedral and the el panecillo (the virgin statue). It is a little noisy during the weekends with the discotheques, but we have been very happy here.


Additional photos below
Photos: 21, Displayed: 21


Advertisement

Sitting Room Sitting Room
Sitting Room

Very uncomfortable chairs we never use, but they look nice.
Toy Cars for Rent Toy Cars for Rent
Toy Cars for Rent

The little kids love to drive these little cars all over the park. Every park is packed on Sundays.
Political View (far) Political View (far)
Political View (far)

During the presidential elections you found posters for Naboa and Correa all over the city. Well they took the campaigning to extreme and put it on the mountain also.
Interesting Restaurants Interesting Restaurants
Interesting Restaurants

We did not eat there, but it is everywhere.
All about food All about food
All about food

We love the crepes!
Spanish Instructors Spanish Instructors
Spanish Instructors

Lehia, Silvana, and Maura
Weaving Demonstration Weaving Demonstration
Weaving Demonstration

We saw this demonstration in el Jardin - one of the malls in town.


Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0495s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb