Realtime Rainforest


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito » Historical Center
January 29th 2012
Published: January 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Hello hello, we´re back in Quito once again after our little trip to Mindo. Mindo was beautiful and very relaxing. It rained everyday (hence being in the rainforest) but we made the best of it. We went Birdwatching on our last day with a local guide named Sandra. She spoke English and picked us up at 5 am to begin our tour with hopes to catch a glimpse of the cock on the rock. The cock on the rock is a local bright red bird that does a mating dance every single morning. We got a glimpse of him around 6am after hiking up a mountainside...pretty cool. We have some great pics from Mindo that we will post. Sandra brought her scope so we were able to get some cool pictures of the birds. Greg got to see Toucan Sam and I got pooped on. Overall it was really fun. When we got back we went to this really neat mariposa farm that we had heard about. Basically butterflies all over. You could pick them up too and there were so many of them they would just land on you. Oh and of course there were hummingbirds all over as well. Now that we got our fix on birds and butterflies we are off to the Amazon tonight! So excited! 4 days 3 nights in the jungle. We plan on stopping in Papallacta on the way back to Quito from the Amazon where they have great thermal springs...this may be the last post til we are homeward bound! Thanks for all of the messages and comments you all have posted. Its been really nice and comforting to hear from you guys back home =). See you all soon!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0334s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb