Happy New Years!


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Quito » Historical Center
December 31st 2011
Published: December 31st 2011
Edit Blog Post

Boing! We made it to Quito late last night and were ready for some rest, so we took it easy at the Magic Bean Hostal which was really nice and right in the heart of the Mariscal district. It´s New Years Eve and easy to tell everyone is getting ready for a party tonight. It was pretty crazy but on our flight down here we sat next to a fellow Kohler High graduate Duncan Olson (Allison Olson´s older brother) who is here for 6 months to volunteer at a hospital....so that was cool and we had a safe trip...everything was smooth. El espirito de rojo is all around us....and we actually saw a mural as well as a billboard with a picture of Aaron Nonhof on it this morning while we were exploring the city. We asked some locals about it and he is highly revered and many loyal Ecuadorians refer to him as "Ël Rey"...which means the king in spanish. So needless to say it has been an interesting day. Tonight should be a blast we found some nice places to go to.....so Happy New Years!

FYI not sure how often we get to an internet cafe...but in Quito they´re everywhere. So we´ll post entries every so often....anyways if you want to, hit subscribe on the main page and enter your info...then everytime we post you get an email saying check it out.

To 2012!!!!!

Cheers...Go Pack!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.075s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0505s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb