Solog journef y Beginniing o


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » North » Mindo
April 22nd 2010
Published: April 22nd 2010
Edit Blog Post

Kick off to my adventure

So yes it is a very belated back track of my initial experiences but ce la vie ,,,,guess I have been having too much fun!

As most of you know I arrived in Quito, Ecuador as the beginning of my journey and spent a couple of weeks in the ministry with the English congregation in Quito - I fell in love with this congregation - they are a very special bunch - very focused spiritually, interesting and lots and lots of fun ! They welcomed me with a lot of love, openness and kindness and I learned many lessons about modelling Jehovah's love from this group - plus how to zip line 'superman' style over the cloud forest canopy (as I was flying over it at breakneck speed it looked exactly like a move set from Avatar!)

Some pics below of the congregation and moi having fun in Mindo - the cloudforest where lots of indigenous live ! After 6 hours of zip lining they then wanted to walk an hour to a waterfall ,,,,(what is with the with 8 hourts of exercise and no gin and tonic handy???) not wanting to be a party pooper I went along and ironically le4d the way and got us a bit lost ,,haha ! Never trust a poetry reading, Jane Austen lover Kiwi to lead thye way!





Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement

Photo 6Photo 6
Photo 6

Preparing to Zip Line - serious business!
Photo 4Photo 4
Photo 4

having lots of fun kicking back 100's of feet in the air ,,,praying it was safe!!!
Photo 5Photo 5
Photo 5

'Superman' style zip lining - hands free - tres exhillarating!
clambering down to the waterfall clambering down to the waterfall
clambering down to the waterfall

Why are Ecuadorians so energetic?
Unstable Bridge  Unstable Bridge
Unstable Bridge

This bridge looks stable HOWEVER looks are deceiving - decidedly a case of run and pray you dont crash and burn!


Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0366s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb