The Galapagos


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos
November 25th 2007
Published: November 25th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Well we are back from The Galapagos, and what a trip. We went to 9 different islands over 8 days, mainly sailing at night so we had the days on the islands or snorkelling.

Our boat was OK (Mandy´s blog may have another view about this). The rooms were a good size but smelt of diesel and were very noisy being near the engine. The food was just about OK, but there was lots of cold beer and coke.

But the trip was about the islands and animals and they didn´t disappoint. I snorkled every day, seeing turtles, reef sharks, sealions, penguins, sting rays, sea snakes and loads of fish. On the islands we saw giant tortoises, birds, marine iguanas, land iguanas, crabs, seals and flamingoes.

The highlight was definitely swimming with the sealions. They come really close and want to play with you. It was a once in a lifetime experience. So not much writing in this blog, the photo´s tell the story.

We are now in a beach resort called Puerto Lopez, although we may move to another place south of here in a few days as there aren´t many restaurants here, it is low season and very quiet. We fly to Lima in Peru next Saturday so I will post when we are in Peru once we have worked out what we are going to do there.

Hope everyone is well, love to you all.

Tina


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

Lava and beachLava and beach
Lava and beach

Lava formations on Bartolome Island, with beach in the background


Tot: 0.077s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 11; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0499s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb