Plazas and Santa Fe (Day 2)


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Galápagos » Santa Fe Island
June 14th 2010
Published: June 24th 2010
Edit Blog Post

We had our breakfast at 7am which was amazing the chef made scrambled eggs with spring onion, toast, fresh fruit and yoghurt.
We started the day with a dry landing on Isla Plaza where we saw lots of land iguanas, lots of sea lions and different birds like the Swallow tailed gulls, which have a bright red ring around their eyes to help them catch fish at night. After this we went back to the boat where I decided to liven up abit of downtime by doing front and backflips from the top deck, not good when 1 went wrong and I landed on my sun burnt back.
After the shananagans we went swimming with sea lions which was one of the highlights of the trip so far, they are soo playful swimming in between my legs and biting the end of my flipper and going to bite my toes. Although make sure you stay away from the biggest 1 (alpha male) it is very protective and nearly showed all of us what it could do when we were near it's young ones. On the way back to the boat Johan took us to a common place for seeing sea turtles and after getting into the sea calmly so it didn't swim away there he was a the sea turtle swimming around minding his own business.
We got back to the boat and an hour passed and it was tea time again, we had southern fried chicken, more rice, and fresh veg it was nice but what I would so do for a plate of chips instead of rice, I mean who eats southern fried chicken with RICE?
It is a big trip from Santa Fe to Espanola our next destination so the engines were turned on at 9pm, this meant no sleep for me.

Muchos Love

Brown


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement



Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 56; dbt: 0.0503s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb