Puerto Ayora and Quito (Day 5)


Advertisement
Published: June 26th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Breakfast was early today as every tour group have an allocated time to go and see Lonesome George so was up at 5.30. Had scrambled eggs on toast (no spring onion) sorted our bags and headed back to mainland saying bye to all the cool people we had met and the best guide in Galapagos Johan. We were meant to pickup 8 passengers from another boat on our way and all go to the Charles Darwin center together but they weren't ready (very annoyed) so had to wait in the harbour 40 minutes for them. The local football team were doing there daily morning swim to the coast guard boat something you wouldn't catch me doing for 2 reasons it was 7am in the morning and it was very shallow and we saw at least 4 black tip sharks the night before.
This morning was 1 of the main reasons why we didn't book all our travelling through a tour operator, having to rely on other people and a companies organisation skills to whether we get to see what we want to see!
The make shift tour guide through us all in taxis to the Charles Darwin center where he spent 3 minutes at every enclosure trying to explain in part English, part Spanish with a Bond Villain accent, what the history of the animals were and how the center was helping them. In the tour guides defence we probably could have spent more time at the center if the other boat wouldn't have been late but I still wouldn't of understood a word he said.
Even though we quizzed round the center I saw 1 of the main attractions to Galapagos LONESOME GEORGE. He is obviously called Lonesome George because he is the last of his species but he looked soo lonely his name definitely suited him.
Then whizzed to next enclosure where I got a Nuts (magazine) style photo of me bumming a land turtle, Hollie was embarasssed I thought it was hilarious.
Then we got shooed onto a taxi, then a coach, then a water taxi, then another coach which took us to the airport took about an hour and a half in total but saw some nice volcanic craters and scenery.
Then we got shooed onto a taxi, then a coach, then a water taxi, then another coach which took us to the airport took about an hour and a half in total but saw some nice volcanic craters and scenery.

Hopefully get time to type this journal up tonight (doubt it).

Muchos Love

Brown



Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.061s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 15; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb