Week at Jactun Sasha


Advertisement
Published: April 17th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We headed up to the field station at Jatun Sacha on sunday afternoon by pick up... and the only way to travel is in the back! The girls had a great time travelling in local style. We got allocated to the dorms, and then had a orientation of the charities aims before we spent the next week working hard! The work included clearing an area of mora [blackberry) by machete, digging out the roots, and replanting the area with native and indigenous trees. We also had duties in the kitchen, and the girls all mucked in and helped out each day - the field staff were very impressed by the group and have invited them back! As Jo said "the hard work is really satisfying". The evenings were spent playing a card game called Cuarenta - Ecuadorian game - and bananagrams. 2 new games learnt and they can teach you all when they get home.

All of us had a great time and the staff there are very welcoming.. the girls didnt want to leave!

We are including photos of the group working, hiking and you can see the staff at the station.


Additional photos below
Photos: 5, Displayed: 5


Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 10; qc: 54; dbt: 0.0397s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb