Rumble in the Jungle


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » East » Cuyabeno Reserve
November 15th 2008
Published: November 22nd 2008
Edit Blog Post

The AmazonThe AmazonThe Amazon

Welcome to the jungle!
Well we made it to the Amazon. Had to get an 8 hour bus journey from Quito to Lago Agrio, then a 2 hour bus ride from there to the Cuyabeno National Park. It was well worth it though! Spent four days and three nights there at the Samoa Lodge, which was OK, but you need to watch your back a bit as other guests there are always taking your shit. Had our repelant and swim trunks stolen, and people are always taking your wellies and ponchos when you leave them out to dry as they seem to be limited with certain sizes.
The Amazon experience itself was amazing, we saw about 5 different species of monkeys, an anaconda, a pair of scarlet macows, a toucan, tarantulas and loads of other insects and frogs etc, 2 species of bats, loads of different birds and butterflies, a sloth, an iguana and a tree boa.
We went swiming in some lakes and watched sunsets, went searching for Camens and Pink River Dolphins, went Pirahna Fishing, went on night walks, also day walks and learnt about the different plants and trees and their medicinal properties etc, ate some lemon ants - nice!
Also wne
The AmazonThe AmazonThe Amazon

Some birds!
and visited an indigenous community and met the chief Shamen there. Boucs and I had to have our souls cleaned from an evil spirits etc, so the chief sat us down in turn and performed some kind of ritual on us and chanted a few songs to see if you could release some of his energy and help us!




Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

The AmazonThe Amazon
The Amazon

Night Monkeys
The AmazonThe Amazon
The Amazon

Anaconda!
The AmazonThe Amazon
The Amazon

Swiming in the lake during an Amazon sunset
A night walk in the AmazonA night walk in the Amazon
A night walk in the Amazon

Me, Comando and Boucs!
The AmazonThe Amazon
The Amazon

The Shamen who freed our souls from ebil spirits!


Tot: 0.102s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0644s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb