Riobamba - The Devil´s nose


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Riobamba
July 19th 2008
Published: August 10th 2008
Edit Blog Post

The bus from Cuenca dropped us off on the highway overlooking Asuasi and after feeling lost for a few minutes we trudged down the hillside to try and find the hostal Europa that we were booked into. Alausi is a small town with its fair share of gringo visitors as the Devils nose train ride was running from here instead of Riobamba due to a mudslide or something! There was a great Chineese restuarant next to the hostal which for USD 4 provided a hearty meal of stir fried vegetables, rice, chicken with special fried rice and an orange fanta.

The devils nose train ride itself was great fun with fantastic views of the beautiful countryside, the devils nose ( can you see it in the picture?). It was an early start though at 6.00am to ensure we got in the que for the tickets. The ride lasts around an hour and you get to sit on the top for either the first or second parts where everyone swaps over.

After the train ride we hopped on a bus to Riobamba. The city itself I didn´t particularly take to for some reason however we went to a great Argentian Steak house followed by Crepes with fruit and Ice cream.

Next stop Latacunga.........time was moving very fast.......


Additional photos below
Photos: 20, Displayed: 20


Advertisement

On the buses On the buses
On the buses

I´ll get you Butler........


11th August 2008

?
I'm not sure I can see the devil's nose?! I can just see a lot of countryside. Should I be looking for something in particular?!
11th August 2008

?
Keep looking at the rock face Jude it takes a while!!
15th August 2008

wow the pics are great rob, love the train, but like jude no nose found, even using magic eye techniques!! Qnd you did you see it??

Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 13; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0557s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 7; ; mem: 1.1mb