Volcanic ash and trains


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Riobamba
April 1st 2007
Published: April 1st 2007
Edit Blog Post

El TrenEl TrenEl Tren

The heighest bed in the world Check out the decor
So we made it to Riobamba, for the Sunday train to Alausi. Riobamba was an OK place we recon its where all the Ecuadorians meet there match, full of kids, there were fair ground rides ect...

We stayed in Hostel El Tren, not great see the photo, our bed was so high we had to jump to get into it!!!
and the shower was not that hot! plus the man above I noticed peeping at me (what a perv)
Our book described it as very modern well maybe in the 80s.

On Saturday night before the train we went up to the park were you can see 4 volcanos on a bright day, we have photos of one going off very cool!!!

The day of the train.
We awoke at 5.30am had some breakfast and made our way to the station. We were expecting steam train we got a very small compact coach on tracks. We were not alowed inside and had to sit on the roof once it got going it was very cold!!
We both enjoyed the experience.
We got a coach to Cuenca and found a hotel eventually after being turned away of 3, its holy week and all the nice places are packed.
Cuenca is the nicest place in Ecuador!!!!!!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement

The coach to CuencaThe coach to Cuenca
The coach to Cuenca

Elmo was a bit wind swept


Tot: 0.114s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.067s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb