Train Ride


Advertisement
Ecuador's flag
South America » Ecuador » Centre » Riobamba
June 2nd 2005
Published: June 2nd 2005
Edit Blog Post

Yesterday we survived the Devil´s nose train ride from Rio Bamba to Alaussi, it was awesome. Most of the way we were watched by the local children because everybody buys lollipops to throw to them. We spent a small fortune on lollies, as you throw them the children come from everywhere to collect them. The train climbs up through the mountains on the narrowest tracks I have ever seen and crosses some bridges which I would think twice about walking over. When we got to the devils nose the drop to the side of the train must have been about 300 feet straight down. We did have one minor mishap, there was a landslide and a rock landed on Bev ( don´t worry it was only about the size of an egg and made of pumice stone) We drove down from the highlands last night through the cloud forest, then past 500,000 acres of Banana plantations to Guyaquil where we spent last night. We are now at the airport waiting for our flight to the Galapagos Islands. We should be able to update this travelblog from there on Monday.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.078s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0527s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb