Tayrona National Park Day 2


Advertisement
Published: March 5th 2010
Edit Blog Post

Woke up with a bad stomach but only lasted the morning. Back to the beach to relax, swim and read. Got a good picture of an iguana on a rock a few feet away. Peter (the Brit) got a call from London that a large earthquake had just hit Chile. Thought about catching a boat back to Taganga with Peter and his two friends but it never showed up. Boat usually arrives around noon and leaves about 3. The ride back is a bit rough but not as bad as from Taganga to Tayrona. The ranger called them on his cell and they said they would come out if we rented the whole boat for 340,000. Normally, you can bargain them down to 25,000 pp if they are heading back. We decided not to do it and to walk out the next day. Peter's group decided to hike out as they were trying to get to a party that night in Cartagena.

Spent the rest of the day on the beach and talking to Roddy and Mariam. Mariam and I decided to walk to the ruins of an ancient Indian pueblo about an hour away (2 hour round trip), but it was getting too late to start. Ended up walking over to Piscina beach where we heard there were quite a few monkeys. Great walk, lots of florescent lizards and birds, but no monkeys.

On the way back we followed a faint trail near the entrance to Cabo and found an amazing area full of large florescent blue and orange crabs. The trail ran for about 4 minutes and lead to a beautiful, peaceful cove with no one there. There were also smaller orange and yellow crabs near the beach. Amazing place for a swim. A trail off to the side goes for less than 1 minute through mangroves to another gorgeous beach with no one on it. Wonderful. I hope it doesn't get too touristy here, this is perfect.

Had drinks and dinner with Mariam and Roddy. Mariam is in her 20's and getting married to her Canadian boyfriend this summer. She is involved in movies somehow. Her dad is also in movies and is now a professor teaching at a Colorado University. She plans to meet up with him for a few days in Bogota, where they are having a movie festival.

Switched over to the tent/mattress scenario which is much more comfortable for the same price as the hammocks. Slept like a log.




Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0428s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb