Parque Nacional Tayrona --> Santa Marta --> Cartagena


Advertisement
Published: January 27th 2009
Edit Blog Post

26/01/2009 - Departed from Parque Nacional Tayrona, northern Columbia, at about 9.45am after having muesli bars for breakfast on the rocks watching the sea. Trekked for 1.5 hours to a Pueblito, where we unexpectedly found that the Pueblito is no longer in existence - in fact, the Pueblito are ruins dating back to about 500-800AD (something which they should make clearer on the tourist information!). As a result, there was no hope for a good lunch. We finished our last cucumber with the remaining cream cheese, and ate a couple of muesli bars again. Trekked for another 2.5 hours to reach the main road. Caught a bus to Santa Marta at about 2.30pm. Returned the unused snorkelling gear. Went back to Hospedaje Familiar to eat something (a sandwich with everything for $1.5USD, great value!) and collect our things, then rushed to the bus station to catch the last bus at 5pm to Cartagena. Managed to get on the bus 10 minutes before departure. Travelled 2 hours to Barranquilla, where we were made to change bus without explanation. Arrived in Cartagena at about 10pm. No public buses running to the town centre, so negotiated with a taxi driver to take us. No rooms at our preferred hostel (Hostal Viena), but they recommended another hostal down the road (Hotel Familiar).

Advertisement



Tot: 0.072s; Tpl: 0.007s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.046s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb