Beaches of Santa Marta


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Magdalena » Rodadero
June 30th 2017
Published: June 30th 2017
Edit Blog Post

The second day, I decided to work all the day. I was working in the room until 4:00 p.m. when my husband arrived at the hotel.

We decided to go to the beach because the hour is perfect for a walk. First, we went toTaganga and then the Rodadero beach because we didn´t have much time to visit the beaches and enjoy the landscapes.In the road to Taganga we stopped in a mountain to watch the sunset and take pictures.After 10 minutes, we arrived toTaganga and got a parking.I was very happy because I remembered when I was younger and I had been there.We walked along the beach. and enjoy a delicious ice cream.

Taganga is known as a fishing village, today it is a very touristic place.Also Taganga is famous for its sunset, its diving schools and the facility to access to the Tayrona park. We found some young people who came from the sea after diving. I interviewed them and they told me that we could go to the Aguja island and where we could have a very exciting experience under the sea. it costs is only $180000 by person; the only condition is that your place must be separated one day before.

We said goodbye to Taganga, but before we go to Santa Marta, i asked for blessings in its church. Then we head to another beach, "El Rodadero"; it´s wide and has vegetation and palm trees that embellish the seascape, for a long time has received many tourists, own and foreign people. We walked along the beach until the sundown, then we sat down and ate a delicious "ceviche" of shrimp, it was great.

For the next day, we programmed two activities in the morning: we visited historical places: the Cathedral of Santa Marta famous because is the first church built in Suramerica, it was built in 1765 (516 years old) and then we visited “San Pedro Alejandrino” house (Place where the liberator Simon Bolivar died).

Some things called my attention during this trip:

First, The impressive infrastructure of the Drummond Wharf, a company that exports coal and is of great impact in the regional and national economy, but also pollutes the environment during the process.

Second, "La Quinta de San Pedro Alejandrino" has been enriched with an excellent exhibition of Contemporary Art in the Museum.

And third: A beautiful pedestrian path of approximately 4 km, which has been built alongside the road between El Rodadero and Santa Marta and has not yet been opened, but that will be another tourist attraction to walk and the beautiful view.

I also enjoyed coconut water, foods, shrimps and the romantic sunset.

We spent three days. The last one was in Barranquilla. There we met the "Plaza de la Aduana", where there are a set of old buildings, train stations and historic houses that represent the origin of the city's commerce in its beginnings


Additional photos below
Photos: 19, Displayed: 19


Advertisement

Ferrocarril in Plaza de la AduanaFerrocarril in Plaza de la Aduana
Ferrocarril in Plaza de la Aduana

Origin of culture in Barranquilla


Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 52; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb