More Sea Time


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » La Guajira
April 29th 2017
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 13.4024, -72.6044

Breakfast in the buffet was followed by a trip to the laundry to wash our clothes. There were several available washers and dryers when I checked on the way back to the room after breakfast so I hurried up to our room to grab the laundry bag I prepared last night. There are eight sets of washer/dryers that charge $3.00 per load in each. They only take tokens that are available from a machine in the laundry room. Slide a cruise card to charge the fee and get the tokens. At dinner tonight, Suzann, one of our tablemates, said that although she gets free laundry with her Princess elite status, she does her laundry herself. The commercial laundry on the ship shrinks things and uses too high a temperature. I won't be using it since the price is too high without the elite status. We need many more sail days with Princess to qualify. Perhaps we will get there one day.

Philip had a good massage while I was doing laundry, but the hard sell of spa products detracted from his experience. It was lunch in the buffet again for us since that was what was open when we were hungry and had time. By Monday, we should be on a better schedule to eat more meals in the dining room.

We went to Happy Hour and the Trivia Contest in the afternoon. It seems that Dick and Sunny have given up on us being their teammates. We have different expectations, I guess. I want to play once a day on the sea days. That's what I remember being offered on other ships. Dick and Sunny are playing three times a day on sea days and some on port days, too.

Today, we played with a couple who live in Seattle but are from Denmark originally. It's nice to have some diversity on a team, but there weren't many European questions today.

After dinner, we went to the live show for the first time—the Princess singers and dancers doing a production show called Stardust. They were fun to watch and the theater was full. Tomorrow night we will have a comedian. Also, tomorrow we stop at Santa Marta, Colombia, and we'll go on one of the ship's excursions. Should be fun.

Word for the day: Expectations. Mine my not be the same as anyone else's. (Laundry room expectations good. Trivia team playing not so good.)

Advertisement



Tot: 0.124s; Tpl: 0.017s; cc: 11; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0832s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb