The day we left South America


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Cartagena
June 26th 2006
Published: July 3rd 2006
Edit Blog Post

We spent our last day in Cartagena in Colombia, it is a beautiful city... very colonial Spanish. We arrived on the bus from Santa Marta and got chatting to a local women who was visiting her family.. and she invited us to stay with her family!! This is a real reflection on how friendly the Colombians are.
So we stayed in her sons apartment, right in the centre of the city... it was great.

We took a horse and cart around the city, being proper tourists. Then we went out for a celebration meal, with wine and everything. We also spent the evening getting ripped off.. after a few drinks its seems that we really will buy ANYTHING... including a photo of us wearing a stupid hat that we didnt even want! And a huge wooden carving that takes up half of my backpack!

We didnt mind tho as we were toasting South America.. I was very sad to be leaving and did cry, but also had tears of just utter amazement. I cannot imagine another time in my life, where I will experience as much as I have here.

Lo & I have loved every day I
The big round sun rise at the airportThe big round sun rise at the airportThe big round sun rise at the airport

our last one in SA.. what a beauty
have been in this amazing continent! And on reflection.. we found it very difficult to come up with our best bits... there are too many. I still cant believe that we climbed a mountain, been to see a shamen and to Antartica! Oh and been in the Amazon, the Galapagos islands, Maccu Pichu....

Anyway.. we leave South America and we are very lucky to be continuing on the adventure... heading north through Central America. Our next destination ... Panama City!



Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.123s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 22; qc: 116; dbt: 0.0893s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb