Cartagena


Advertisement
Colombia's flag
South America » Colombia » Cartagena
October 15th 2011
Published: November 3rd 2011
Edit Blog Post

Cartagena



Our final stop in Colombia was Cartagena, an old colonial walled city. The bus trip over from Santa Marta was uneventful although the fact that they take a video recording of each passenger before you set out on the buses is still a little unnerving!

We splashed out and stayed in a lovely small hotel (Casa Sweety) which had air conditioning and it’s own mini pool – oh the luxury! We took a tour of the old fort (Tory got very burnt that day – Will tried to tell her that’s what happens when you have fair skin) and made it up to Café del Mar on the wall for sunset one night which was great. We also treated ourselves to a meal at the Hard Rock Café including a bowl of ice cream which was as big as Tory’s head.

On one of the days we took a tour out to El Totumo volcano, this is a very small volcano about 20k outside the city which is full of mud. You don your swimmers and climb the stairs, then a gentleman guides you in and gives you a mud rub down all the while floating you between one another like boats. It was very strange in the mud especially as you can not touch the bottom (they say it goes down 2kms). Then off you go into the lake where a nice women took Will’s pants off and gave him a good rub down – Tory was okay on her own thank you very much.



Additional photos below
Photos: 17, Displayed: 17


Advertisement

Who's a pretty boy then?Who's a pretty boy then?
Who's a pretty boy then?

Well actually you both look a little flea bitten
Old monasteryOld monastery
Old monastery

Has been in continuous use for 500 hundred years
Hello sailor!Hello sailor!
Hello sailor!

The naval museum
Volcano!Volcano!
Volcano!

Aren't they supposed to be bigger than this?


Tot: 0.116s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 71; dbt: 0.052s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb